It has been reported in the Free Energy Press of the existence of at least 29 claimed free energy or overunity motor/generator combinations.
There are at least another 20 others we know of. They all have one thing in common…none can generate excess energy and /or can not self sustain.
There are no credible replications, third party data generated or qualified independent tests. Many of the developers/inventors have honorable intentions, however a lack of understanding and skill set regarding physics and electronics have resulted in many falling for traps common to these devices that can mislead. In a few cases there are less honorable motives. Some are outright scams.The most common is what many describe as the battery effect. None run without a battery (I.E Caps).None can continuously run self looped with a correctly measured load beyond the expected storage life of the battery.
Explanation Why they are not Overunity
One of our regular contributors is Mark Euthanasius who is highly qualified when it comes to electronics. In our comments section he offered this explanation
“The fundamental flaw behind any idea of looped motor generators is this: The motor and the generator and anything in between are all lossy. The efficiency of a system is the product of the individual component efficiencies. Since all of the components are lossy any series configuration is also lossy. This is a mathematical fact. It is not an arbitrary opinion as some willfully ignorant commentators may assert.
If there is some device that taps an unknown energy source and has what appears to be an efficiency greater than one, then that is your: “free energy device”. If such a device exists then it exists on its own and the individually lossy electrodynamic machines only reduce overall system efficiency.
What the people chasing looped motor / generator arrangements fail to understand is the basic electromagnetics that make all motors and generators duals. The same induction that generates pesky BEMF that so many inventors try and defeat is the induction that introduces torque in rotary electrodynamic machines and force in linear ones. IE induction is what makes the motor to the generator and the generator to the motor of an electrodynamic machine. If it were at all possible to get overunity from an electrodynamic device it would therefore take only one or the other of an electric motor or generator (alternator). And further, since the operating principle of all electrodynamic machines is magnetic induction were over unity possible from any electrodynamic machine or combination of electrodynamic machines, then it would be possible to get over unity from some arrangement of static coils. Very carefully designed specialty power converters can exceed 99% efficiency. None have ever exceeded unity. No transformer or other coupled coil arrangement has ever exceeded unity.
Some have postulated that if one generates a waveform that resonates at just the right frequency that they can coax the environment to impart energy back into the driving circuit in excess of the driving circuit’s losses. This is a fiction. No one who has ever promoted such an idea has ever been able to show strong evidence that the idea has merit.
To quote from the PESWIKI Site: Picture this. You have a motor turning a larger output generator, and the generator is producing enough energy to keep the motor running, as well as enough left over to power other things. (It’s a little more complicated than this, but that is the general idea.) All you need to get it going is a starter motor, temporarily, like on an automobile engine, and once the system is going, it stays going, unless it is shut off.Sounds like a clear case of violating the law of conservation of energy, right? Apparently not. I’ve now know of at least three independent situations where this is claimed to be the case. Two of those are very credible, and I hope to be reporting more on them in the coming days and weeks.
I have personally examined many of these types of devices, the most public was from South Africa. I flew over with a very qualified engineer, equipment and in the end was not allowed to test, but it worked out that it did not do what was claimed as was confirmed by the business backing the potential investors in the following weeks. There are several other famous examples of these over the years. Many credible engineers and scientists have in various forums explained why these technologies will not work and why the people working with them are misinterpreting the data.
The following are currently listed at Peswiki and other sites. Others have been removed or belong in other categories (all equally have failed) It is fair to report on these devices. Before claiming any are real, the claims should be supported by evidence that would stand up to a professional peer review.
Given the 100% failure rate over the years there is no longer room for the benefit of the doubt.
We will continue to report on these as well, without rose colored glasses and we will always offer the inventors the services of qualified individuals to test them. It is important that the people testing have experience and know the tricks employed to fool people. I have seen highly qualified engineers and scientists fooled.
We congratulate all those experimenters out there and encourage more as valuable knowledge and experience will assist everyone. We do not support false claims and scams and attempts to raise money without credible data and evidence.
Platinum Invests Group
A company out of Spain called, Platinum Invests Group, headed by Dr. Umberto Stranieri, appears to have an exotic free energy generator system they call E-MAG that involves magnetic propulsion, which appears to be approaching market readiness. They also have a “molecular dissociation via plasma” technology already implemented. (PESWiki; June 19, 2013)
– A French company, Power JMD, appears to have an exotic free energy device that is getting close to market (some time in “2013 or 2014”). From what I can gather, it uses some kind of rotational mechanism that is able to self-loop and provide excess energy; and it is fairly bulky and fairly well engineered. (PESWiki; June 18, 2013)
- I spoke with Daniel Hazelton, a junior partner of Power JMD who has seen two prototypes running, the second of which he funded. He said the inventor is coming to the US to build more prototypes for third party testing in preparation for the next round of funding. (PESN; August 27, 2013)
German 10 kW
At the Yildiz Demo on April 11 or 12, 2013, I met a couple of businessmen who said they are working on a 10 kW self-looped motor-generator system. They said it works. They’re refining it to bring it to market. They don’t wish to be made public at this time, other than just vague generalities. — Sterling
For the first time in our Free Energy News history, Valy Valintin of Romania appears to be selling “Autonomous systems from 10 kW – 100 kW for € 1 per watt.” The system appears to entail a motor, wind turbine generator (without the wind), and flywheel. (PESWiki; September 23, 2013)
British inventor and CEO, Chris Garner, has come up with the MSV Explorer, an amphibious vehicle that not only treks on land and through water, but is powered by an exotic free energy method he calls “self-sustaining” that will enable the vehicle to travel indefinitely without stopping for fuel. Coming next month. (PESN; December 17, 2012)
Kasper says: “The guy from Quantamagnetics is doing some very interesting stuff with his motor/generator:
- http://shop.quantamagnetics.com/Q2-Motor-Generator-Kit-77699.htm – The Quanta Charger is intended for non-petroleum operation. Input from batteries, solar, or other DC sources. Using solar panels and a controller is one of our goals. The object is to use less input to do the same work when compared to other methods of energy conversion. This means using less solar panels to charge the same amount of batteries. (FAQ)
Navrattan Free Power Corp. Ltd.
Company in the Punjab province of India, headed by Himansh Verma, claims to have obtained and developed an invention in which a 2 kW motor drives a 7.5 kW generator, that self-loops back to keep the 2 kW motor turning, while producing an excess 5 kW of power to use.
- Caution – Integrity/reliability is not that great.
JasonDaz in the Philippines
Philippine inventor, Jason Daz, has posted a video that appears to show a self-looped motor-generator system. An external power source starts the system and then is disconnected, at which point the 1 hp (~746 watt) motor turns the 3 kW generator via a belt, which loop back to power the motor, with energy left over. An outlet from the generator then powers a light bulb. (PESWiki; July 10, 2013)
Geoffrey Miller / EnergyBat Labs
Geoffrey S. Miller and his Energybat Labs in Philadelphia, PA, USA, claims to have a 10 kW system that is ready to be tested on a home. He talked about this in the Sept. 5, 2013 interview on the Smart Scarecrow show at time stamp 1:24:09.
It entails a smaller motor that powers a larger generator, looped back, with excess energy available to use.
The generator is off-the shelf, the motor involves some reworking, and there is a circuit involved. So this isn’t a design that would lend itself to open sourcing very well.
- http://energybat.com/project/project-18/ – official page about this technology.
Indonesia / usweentop
On April 21, 2012, an Indonesian inventor posted a video showing a smaller motor powering a larger generator that produces enough power to run the smaller motor, with power left over to run a hammer drill (possibly more). The system is turned on while plugged into the wall. Then a switch is toggled and the cord is unplugged from the wall. Then the self-looped system powers the hammer drill.
An Indonesian inventor has posted a video showing a smaller motor powering a larger generator that produces enough power to run the smaller motor, with power left over to run a two 1000-watt water heaters. The system is turned on while plugged into the wall. Then a switch is toggled and the cord is unplugged from the wall. (PESWiki; October 9, 2012)
Fernando Sixto Ramos Solano
Peruvian inventor who received inventor award in Geneva, Switzerland.
Jerry from the Philippines
- (YouTube / jeryhorse69; July 31, 2011)
An inventor in Spain seeks help in working out the bugs in his alleged self-sustaining generator with flywheel that produces far more energy than it consumes, enough to keep itself running with extra left over to use. (PESWiki; October 7, 2013)
Maybe this is what is behind Aviso’s effect.
On September 5, 2012, Ismael wrote:
- “100% agreed OU..Spisak is the same on planeraty gear like what with Toyota Prius from Small to big gear & vice versa, to get the mechanical advantages. Similar to my OU .. but in the form of capacitor. GEAR = Capacitor… Small volt but big micro farad & vice versa. Big volts with small microfarad at different stages; …more cheaper & quick to assemble & durable in many millions of times.”
- “Most gear designers forget the mechanical resonant .. like what Tesla has done on his mechanical oscillator. I think that is one reason why a lot did not reach yet into an applicable level.”
- Tim Hall
Tim Hall of Kona, Hawaii. <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Has a DC, 36-V motor running a windmill AC generator, rectifying it and running home lighting. Appeared to have a force multiplier effect.
Motor would spin 1 time, alternator spin 6 times, through gear pulley system.
On May 21, 2012 2:15:25 PM HST, I wrote:
- I’ve got a friend who is using off-the-shelf components involving a certain type of DC motor and a certain kind of alternator whereby he claims to be getting up to 2x more power from a solar panel.
- He’s getting ~200 W from a 64-W panel set. It’s the craziest thing. You would never expect it to work, but would expect it to diminish per expected losses. He wants to get independent validation of the technology, but also wants to protect the proprietary idea under conditions of confidentiality.
- If you have access to solar panels (probably not required, could be any DC source?), and you’re interested in enter under NDA to replicate the effect, let me know. Also, perhaps you want to wait until after 1 or 2 others have replicated it first.I have a recording of our phone call today if you want to listen to it (after signing NDA).
- He’s going to supply me with a parts list and instructions, which should be ready by tomorrow morning. He’s willing to open source it, if it’s valid, through NEST/PES.
Partial effects illustrated:
(380,569 visits since posting on August 25, 2011)
“This video is only for the purpose of vision and curiosity, it has nothing of use in the field of application of free energy. Test to see how long it takes a generator to run an electric motor.
The current from the batteries goes to the motor that attached to the generator shaft refers the current to the engine and everything goes as long as it doesn’t decay for electrical load and friction.”
(356,476 visits since posting on Dec 17, 2011)
Tom Mc Nulty
The following images are copied from https://www.facebook.com/tom.mcnulty.547?fref=ts as they appeared on July 12, 2013. He apparently posted them on October 29, 2012, and labeled them “Self running generators”.
“Yes, I know HOW…but I do not have any “motor-generator” looper in my possession. But [I] do have some test-models… What you need is a generator that doesn’t slow [down] when it makes power, in fact, one that SPEEDS UP when it makes power is even better [than one that just self-sustains]. (PESWiki; December 5, 2012)